Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields for a new custom post types won't show up in Edit screen

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesK-8 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a new custom post type called" Jubilarians" and for it, I created a custom fields group with some fields, but the new custom fields won't show up in the edit screen. I tried to delete them and re-create again multiple times but no change.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I searched your documentation and cleared my cache multiple times but not change.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I just wanted to add that I used Toolset before on the same site to create custom fields for a custom post type and it worked perfectly fine.

Is there anything in the latest updates that can cause this to happen now?

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you assigned the custom field group you created to display with the custom post type you created?

Can you please share screenshot of your edit custom field group page?

screenshot-jesuits.boldfocus.com-2021.08.19-09_41_30.jpg
screenshot-jesuits.boldfocus.com-2021.08.19-09_42_23.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I assigned it, and here is the screenshot.

I've also attached a screenshot for the Edit screen for the custom post type.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

Thank you for your message.

This would be quite hard to do here, as this is a multi-site with over 100 plugins.

Is there any way to figure it out other than disabling all plugins?

Minesh
Supporter

if you want you can send me duplicator copy of your single site and I will install it on my local machine and test this further.

We need to run compatibility check as there could be a possible conflict between any of your existing plugins you are using or theme that is why we need to turn off plugins one by one that will help us to isolate the issue.

Is it possible for you to send me duplicator copy of your site or you can allow me to create a duplicator copy of your site. For that I will require admin access details. To ensure you should also send me with what site you are having issue with so I should try to create a duplicator copy of your single site from your multisite install.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

It appeared that the custom fields didn't show up due to the Mem cache by Siteground, once we cleared that it took a day or two for the custom fields to show up as expected.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.