Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom fields are gone

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Please look at this video:
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I believe the issue is that the fields are not set as translatable in WPML configuration. First, register the fields in the original language, and check if they appear on pages. Then follow this article to mark the fields as translatable and they will appear on all secondary languages: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

For more about translating Toolset sites, check this course https://toolset.com/course-chapter/translating-directory-and-classifieds-sites/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

2021-11-15_14-15-31.jpg
2021-11-15_14-14-59.jpg
2021-11-15_14-13-56.jpg

Thank you, Jamal, for your reply
but I think the custom field is registered since in Franch everything works fine:
the source language is English I translate to French and Italian and I can't see the custom fields in the Italian version

look at the 3 images - you can see the "news or event info" group in English and Franch, but it is not in the Italian version

This is super urgent

Jamal
Supporter

I think that the fields appear on English and French because they were registered in both languages. And it does not appear for Italian, because the fields are still configured to be non translatable. Have you change their configuration as per the suggested documentation article?

Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check this closely? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the credentials. The issue was caused by two misconfigurations. The custom fields were not configured to be translatable:
- Event or News date field and CTA Label were not translatable: hidden link and hidden link
- Highlight item was configured to be copied: hidden link Maybe you want to keep it copied. Reconfigure it in that case in WPML->Settings->Custom Fields.

The other cause was the misconfiguration of translation mode for the internal Toolset post types(for custom fields and view). They must be Not translatable. Check this screenshot hidden link

I corrected the configuration and tested with a private post, we can see the fields in the 4 languages:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

I'll remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.