Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field for WooCommerce Tab

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi there,

how can I add a custom field from toolset to the woocommerce products tab?
I am building a store where people can buy bags and food as well. For the food category I'd like to add a custom tab to the product details page that contains more detailed information about ingredients. My idea is to make this tab via condition only visible for products that belong to the food category. But I am not able to realize the first step: build a custom field that can be added to the woocommerce product tab section... I found some 3rd party plugins but wanna keep my installation as clean as possible. Can i achieve this with toolset?
THX in advance.

Types Custom fields will "sit" in their own container in the WooCommerce Porduct Edit page if you add them to products.

They will not be added to the WooCommerce native "product tab".

Can you show me with a ScreenShot where (on the front end and backend) you want those (types) Fields to appear?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.