Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field (colorpicker) to use with Elementor dynamic color feature

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martenti 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like to use dynamic color feature in Elementor Pro, but created with Toolset custom field - colorpicker hidden link is not showing up in elementor dynamic menu for colors hidden link
Dynamic colors from Style Kits and Dynamic Content for elementor are shown but Toolset CF is not. Why?
Elementor recommends ACF, but I want to stay with you and Toolset.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to check this online, maybe we can use the "Custom fields" from your screenshot hidden link
Or maybe we can find a workaround to let you use the color from a Toolset custom field.

In all cases, I will gather all the needed information and I'll escalate the case to our 2nd Tier for another evaluation and eventually for escalation to our developers.

If you would agree to let me check your admin area, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal, FYI, after contacting Style Kits team in the same matter, I would like to share an information, that there will be probably significant change/progress in Elementor Pro next major release in dynamic colors feature. You can check up they code base and issues in Github, and have some idea what is planned. The short info is: let's wait what they do.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for your feedback! I searched the Elementor Github project for this issue and I was able to find some related issues, especially for ACF. Hopefully, the Elementor team will come up with a solution very soon.

However, if you would like us to check it and find a solution or a workaround, I can create a new installation on our platform and share credentials to it, you can then add the required plugins(Elementor Pro, etc.). If you reproduced the same issue in a minimal example, we may find a workaround, and we'll also approach our compatibility team for help.

Let me know if you would like that. In the meantime, I am setting this ticket as waiting for your feedback, it should be kept open for 3 weeks, and you will get automatic email notifications before it is closed.

Hi Jamal. Thank you for your time and research. I also made some digging, and currently I resolve this issue with the help of external plugin I had namely [Dynamic Content for Elementor]. Their tokens: hidden link are superb and indeed much better then Elementor dynamic tag itself. Toolset's custom fields are visible everywhere in DCE Token. I didn't even realized I have bought so powerful plugin from them (the same is with yours Toolset 😊 ). For now I stay with DCE and honestly I do not really wait for Elementor next release and their solution in this matter, maybe just for curiosity. So, thank you for proposal, I appreciate it, but finding some workarounds when we have the straight way now is not needed. But… it’s not the end of this story😊

I also found out that Toolset CF colorpicker is not using any configuration of WP color pallete, so to not confuse the problems I’m opening the new ticket for this.

Thanx again!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.