Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Code Snippet still acting after deleted

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Suzanne Wenger 3 years, 7 months ago.

Author

Hi Team,
I am wondering if there might be some bug in the Custom Code Snippet system when on a multi-site platform.

I had created a snippet of code to hide one of the side administration menu's for certain users while in page/post editing mode from one of our sites within our larger multi-site system. I noticed that the snippet was applying to all the sites however and to the administrator view as well, so I deleted the code, but it is somehow still working and the right-hand administration menu is still missing on all sites when editing a page/post.

The deleted code snippet doesn't seem to be in any of the Settings > Custom Code windows of the various sites, although I notice that the custom code snippets appear on all sites within the multi-site system, so there is no way to isolate snippet's to just one site within the system. To me, this is a problem and I think a bug. Custom code should be isolated to a particular site within a multi-site system.

But the greater bug is the fact that I have ghost code somewhere messing up my editor view and I can't seem to locate it anywhere. I tried looking through the database especially in the wp_options > toolset_code_snippet_options , which contains serialized data for the snippets. I didn't see the old snippet registered in that area, but in another part of the database under wp_10_options > toolset_code_snippet_options the serialized data differs.

Where could this old code be possibly floating around in the database, and where do I need to look to try to delete it?

If an intended solution involves touching the wp-config.php file, please note that I do not have access to this file nor do I have access to the server through FTP and I cannot use the Duplicator package.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Suzanne

The code itself that you create is stored in wp-content/toolset-customizations/ so if the code is still running somehow you should be able to locate it and delete it from there.

If you don't have FTP access you can use one of many file manager plugins (e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-manager/) to delete the files (which you can also use if you need to edit wp-config.php etc.)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.