Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Current User Role is empty if current user is Super Admin

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

My previous topic (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conditional-on-user-role-doesnt-work/) was closed so I can no longer reply there. The topic reply forms state "This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so." but it returns "error: topic closed" when I try submit a reply for either that my issue was resolved or that I still need assistance (separate issue for your UI/UX team).

We finally figured out that the issue occurs when the current user is a Super Admin (ie network admin on a multisite). Say a user has the role of Administrator but is also a Super Admin, [wpv-current-user info="role"] returns as empty/blank when that user is logged in. We confirmed this result with another Super Admin user, and it occurs throughout the multisite. This may be a bug?

Our solution to my previous topic was adding an additional conditional for User ID with the static value of the Super Admin's User ID. If you could update the previous topic with this information, it may help others as perplexed as we were. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you setup a test site with all required information or send me super admin access details and share on what post/page I can see the issue or what steps I will have to follow to see the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh, I'm not able to set that up for you right away, but I think I could in a few weeks. Is it possible to keep this ticket open that long?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - sure, this ticket will remain open for a week without reply. You should add one reply in week to keep this open or even you can close this ticket and when you have test site ready you can open a new ticket and link the old ticket to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.