Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CSV Import is great: what about CSV Update ?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ELAN42 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Dear Toolset,
I'm studying your description of CSV Import and I always see informations about Importing data ...

Is there a possibility to Update current existing data, or, to not insert again previously inserted data ?
Otherwise, do you think that would be virtually possible to be done with a special "ignore this row" flag ?

We previously used SQL di import data in Toolset, but we did not always had a happy ending.

Thank you,
Alvise Nicoletti

Is there a possibility to Update current existing data, or, to not insert again previously inserted data ?
Otherwise, do you think that would be virtually possible to be done with a special "ignore this row" flag ?

It may be possible, but it's not something that can be accomplished with the Toolset plugins. It sounds like something you would need to discuss with the authors of a CSV import or CSV update plugin. I can provide detailed information about how Toolset data is stored in the database, or any other technical information necessary to facilitate that conversation. Just let me know what you need. However, I do not have a recommendation for any plugin that will help you accomplish this.

Another option is to use the WordPress Export tool to export an XML document containing all the site data, then manipulate that XML document to include the new values and import the updated data to your site. If you're skilled with Excel or another spreadsheet system, you may be able to write some translation between CSV and the XML structure needed for the import process.

I'll make some tests ... hoping that we are able to import Relationships.

I'll write if we have problems ... thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.