Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cred_link_user_form gives No user specified

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to add a link where members can edit their user profile using this shortcode:

[cred_link_user_form form='111' form_name='Edit - business member' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self']

But I always get "User not found" instead.

Solution:
This is an issue in CRED 1.6 and we will manage to fix it.
FYI, the issue here is that there is a problem with the current user ID.
So, providing the user ID to the shortcode could solve the issue.

You can use the shortcode as follows:

[cred_link_user_form form='111' form_name="Edit user" text="edit user" target="_self" post='[wpv-current-user info='id']']

Note that the "post" parameter in the shortcode contains the value of the ID of the currently logged in user '[wpv-current-user info='id']'

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to:
make a link where members can edit their user profile

[cred_link_user_form form='111' form_name='Edit - business member' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self']

I used this code to the user form on the page:

I expected to see:
A link to a user form

Instead, I got:
No user specified

Note:
if I use the below code (thus without a form link) the form displays correctly.

[cred_user_form form='111' form_name='Edit - business member']

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ward,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I was able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. What I am going to do is to escalate your ticket so that our 2nd tier supporters can debug the issue to see what exactly is up with this issue.

In the mean time you can create a separate page that holds the edit form and then manually link to the page from the user's profile.

Ok thank you Shane.

Hello Ward,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

It seems that we have an issue regarding this.

But could you please try the following shortcode:

[cred_link_user_form form='111' form_name="Edit user" text="edit user" target="_self" post='[wpv-current-user info='id']']

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you, that short code works.

Should I keep this thread open?

Hi Ward,

It's up to you 🙂 .

This is already included in our internal queue as a bug and we will manage to fix it.
So, don't worry, we will take care of this.

Thanks and regards.

Ok, thanks Mohammed.

User form.PNG
Acces.PNG

Dear Mohammed,

Today I did some further testing, and it seems that the form only displays for my administrator role. However the from should also appear for my custom role "business member".

Page code:
[cred_link_user_form form='111' form_name="Edit - business member" text="Edit your profile" target="_self" post='[wpv-current-user info='id']']

Accces and Cred settings are in the pictures

Hi Ward,

Thank you for getting back and sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm checking the issue again. please wait and I will get back to you.

Thank.

Hi Ward,

Can you please open a new ticket because this one is marked as resolved and I can't reopen it again.

Please mention this ticket URL in the new one so that I can gather the required information.

You can assign the new ticket to me to continue working on it.

Thanks.

Hi Mohammed,

I created a new Thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred_link_user_form-gives-no-user-specified-continued/
However I did not see an option to assign it to you.

Thanks for the help

Hi ward,

This is an update that this issue will be fixed in the next CRED release.

Please keep following our downloads page https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ to get the latest CRED releases.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.