Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Autodraft saved by CRED

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you have a CRED form that uploads a Feature Image, and you have Relevannsi active on your website, CRED Creates 2 Posts for each form submission:
– “CRED Auto Draft”
– “Your actual post”

Solution:
https://toolset.com/errata/cred-auto-draft-posts-created-when-relevannsi-cred-and-featured-images-are-used/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
listings.JPG

I have a form which, when saved, creates a post and an auto draft (which is expected), but [only] the custom fields on the form are saving to the auto draft and not to the post. Is this behavior normal and should I wait for cron to run for the actual post data to be updated? Screenshots for reference.

Interesting to note that the post does not contain any CF data, only post title and post body.
Auto draft contains no title and body, but all CF data.

The site has been developed on top of the Toolset Classifieds demo.

[credform class='cred-form cred-keep-original']

[cred_field field='form_messages' value='' class='alert alert-warning']
<div class="ywg-boxed-light">
  <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Listing Information</h3>
	<div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Listing Name']Title[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='post_title' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>

<div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Listing Description']Description[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='post_content' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
</div>

<div class="ywg-boxed">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-4">
      <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Category</h3>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-8">
      <div class="form-group">
        [cred_field field='listing_cat' display='select' single_select='true' output='bootstrap']
      </div>
	</div>
  </div>
</div>

<h3>Images</h3>
	<div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Featured Image']Main image/Logo[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='_featured_image' value='' urlparam='' output='bootstrap']
	</div>

<div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Image']Additional Images (You can add up to 4)[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='image' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
</div>

<div class="ywg-boxed">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-4">
      <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Price Range</h3>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-4">
      <div class="form-group">
        <div class="input-group">
          <span class="input-group-addon"><strong>R</strong></span>
          [cred_field field='price-minimum' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' placeholder='Minimum Price']
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-4">
      <div class="form-group">
        <div class="input-group">
          <span class="input-group-addon"><strong>R</strong></span>
          [cred_field field='price-maximum' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' placeholder='Maximum Price']
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

<div class="form-group">
      <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Location</h3>
      <label>Start typing and it will auto-complete.</label>
      [cred_field field='location' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
</div>

<div class="ywg-boxed">
<div class="row">
  <div class="col-sm-12">
    <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Your Details</h3>
  </div>
  <div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Email']Email Address[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='email' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
  </div>
  <div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Phone']Contact Number[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='phone' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
  </div>
  <div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Website URL']Website Address[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='website-url' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
  </div>
</div>
</div>

<div class="ywg-boxed-light" style="display: none;">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-12">
      <h3 style="margin-top: 0;">Social Links</h3>
    </div>
	<div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Facebook Profile Link']Facebook Profile Link[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='facebook-profile-link' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
    </div>
	<div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Twitter Feed Link']Twitter Feed Link[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='twitter-feed-link' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
    </div>
	<div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Add Free Listing-6085' name='Instagram Link']Instagram Link[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='instagram-link' post='listing' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>	

[cred_field field='form_submit' value='[wpml-string context="cred-form"]Place Demo Listing[/wpml-string]' urlparam='' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg' output='bootstrap']

[/credform]

No, the issue you see is a compatibility problem between CRED and Relevannsi, I already reported this to the Developers yesterday.
The Erratum is here:
https://toolset.com/errata/cred-auto-draft-posts-created-when-relevannsi-cred-and-featured-images-are-used/

Thank you for the quick response. I will use the workaround in the meantime.

Workaround rightly disables the progress bar, but the following error occurs on save:

The post was not saved because of the following problem:

Image Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the image file.

Yes, this is the drawback, all AJAX validation is omitted with that workaround.
It means the system cannot check the validity until you it submit.

I assume, you have some restrictions on the server, or upload an unusual source - I am not sure, as on a fresh install this does not happen, as well as on other client's sites where I suggested the workaround this does not happen.

For now, it's the only way I know of to remove the issue - unless remove the Featured Image from the Forms, this is another possible approach.

I escalated this, the Developers thou received this yesterday only, as we where not aware of it before.
I marked the issue as major, because that is what it is, and I expect the Developers to put their hands on this by next week.

Please await the supporters to be assigned here, they may help to solve this issue you experience now.

I will leave the ticket open for now, thank you.

I will disable Relevanssi instead until the problem is resolved.

Thanks again for quick support!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I will notify you when the issue is fixed.

Hi Beda.

Just looking for an update on this please.

The errata has been updated and now solves the issue with a patch.

Please apply the patch, it will solve the problem.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.