Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED restore from trash notification

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hi,

I have a frontend CRED form that sends a notification email when the post status changes to published (it's first submitted as pending).

I noticed that the notification email is sent again when the post in question was published, deleted (to trash) and then restored.

Is that intended? As I see it the notification should only be sent once after the initial post status change (in my case when the post has been published but not after it was deleted and restored).

Cheers,
Thomas

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is not normal behavior at all.

1)
Could you please make sure that you are using latest Toolset plugins.

2)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Hi,

I have a test installation with only Types, CRED and the WP default theme activated. Please enable private replies and I'll give you access.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Thomas

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm able to reproduce this issue and I consult our developers regarding this and they said its a limitation of CRED as whenever post status will change it will fire email accordingly.

However, please hold on as I've reported this ticket to our developer and I'll get back to you as soon as I know more with some updates.

Ok, thanks. I think you could do something like the following:

if ( 'trash' = $old_status ) { return; }

Cheers,
Thomas

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

Actually this is a expected behavior since we are just monitoring the new status, not the old one. I've suggested our development team to add like a flag (checkbox) to say whether restored posts should count. This is a feature request and we will implement in the future.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.