Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Publication Forms are not appearing for logged users with specific role

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sergeP 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,

I would like to allow user with the role "singer" to access CRED Publication form in order to create or edit the custom post "Artist".

Everything works perfectly while logged in in the Role Admin but for the users with the role "singer", the form does not appear.

Through Access, I made sure that the "singer" role has the right to edit own or modify own "Artist" post.

I probably missed something but I really don't understand why the CRED form does not appear.
Could you help ?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Damien

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Damien

You also need to set the Access rules for using the form itself, at Toolset > Access Control > Toolset Forms, where you can specify which roles can use which form.

access-role.png

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, I am sure that I already give the Access control to "Singer" to "modify own post" in TOOLSET FORM (ACCESS) AND in Publication Type Access (please see attached).

Unfortunately, the form does not appear while logged in as a "Singer" But it does while logged in as "Admin".
For information, I am using Elementor.

Looking forward hearing from you soon,
Best,

Nigel
Supporter

What is the form which does not appear? Where should it be displayed?

Can I get access to your site to check?

Can you give me admin credentials, and also a user with the custom role for testing?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get the log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Hello Nigel,

I undertood my mistake.
In fact, when a user fill a User Cred Form on the website, the user with the role "visitor" can create a profil.
But upon creation of the profile, the user is not automatically connected on the profil he creates.

This is why, the user still had the "visitor" role and not the "singer" role and then, was unable to see the form.

So I do have another question.
Is it possible to automatically log in a visitor upon the creation of a new user with the "CRED User Form" ?

Looking forward hearing from you soon,
Best regards,

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Damien

That comes up from time-to-time.

You need to use some custom code to auto log-in the user when the form is submitted. You can see an example of that here: hidden link

Hello Nigel,

I did add this code to the php but it still doesn't work.

Could you help ?

Thank you very much for your help,
Best,

Hello Nigel,

Could you help with this issue please ?
Feel free to use the following user as SINGER instead :

Thank you in advance.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Damien,

sorry for the delay getting back to you, I'm just looking at this now.

Nigel
Supporter

I can't log in to the admin section of your site.

When I use this page hidden link it then redirects me to wordpress.com, where the credentials provided do not seem to work.

Can I get what's required to access hidden link

I'm setting up a private reply for you. (I've edited your earlier reply to remove sensitive information.)

Nigel
Supporter

This log-in uses 2FA and is asking for a number sent to your phone.

Can you temporarily disable the custom log-in long enough for me to look.

In fact, if you have such a customised log in, perhaps you could test the code to automatically log in a user created with the registration form with the customised log in disabled.

Great, it was the problem.
Thanks a lot for your support.
It's working perfectly now
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.