Skip Navigation

[Closed] Cred notification with custom field

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, I have set up a Post edit form to edit existing Woocommerce orders.
One of the notifications should be sent if a custom Toolset field "Ticket Exchange" contains a certain value

hidden link

It works, but if I go to the Woocommerce order, edit or delete the "Ticket Exchange" value and update the order, the notification is sent again.

hidden link

How can I prevent this?

Thanks. Best.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

To ensure that I understand the issue fully, is it that when you've updated the field value on the backend, the notification is triggered multiple times?

Also can you confirm what version of our Toolset Forms plugin you're using ?

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, it happens if I change the value of the custom field on the backend and update the order
Version 2.6.12

Hi, any news on this matter? Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Shane is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

This is how custom field notification works.

There is a checkbox "Only if field value has changed"
- hidden link

If the checkbox "Only if field value has changed" is checked:
- The notification should only ever send if the value matches. It will only send the notification if the value changes to the target value.

If the checkbox "Only if field value has changed" is Unchecked:
- Irrespective of custom field value, the notification will be send every time post is updated.

In your case, this is expected result.

However, we have a known issue, if the checkbox "Only if field value has changed" is checked and notification is not send even though the checkbox is checked:
- https://toolset.com/errata/form-notifications-not-sent-after-field-value-changes-when-post-edited-in-back-end/

In my case, I would like the notification to be sent every time the order is modified, even if the value of the custom field has not been changed.
So the checkbox is correctly left blank.

The condition for the notification trigger is only that the field "wpcf-ticket-exchange"== "Coupon".

My problem is that once triggered, if I edit again the order, the notification is sent even if I set "wpcf-ticket-exchange"== ""

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Let me review your form settings once. Can you please share using what form you are placing the order and share admin access details and with what order you are updating the field value with empty value.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cred notification with custom field’ is closed to new replies.