Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred not recognising post email field for notifications

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-25 7 years, 9 months ago.

Author

Hi All,

I have added an email field to a custom post type and then added that to a hidden div in the cred form, I then have a custom views radio set to select a user from a specific role with hidden data attributes, one of these contains the users email address which once clicked is placed into the value of the email field - My idea here is then once the form is submitted the notifications within the cred form are set to send an email to the email address in that field however the notifications email select doesn't display in the options so I am unable to finish setting the notifications up.

I can provide the site information in private if needed.

Any help with this will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

I have figured out what was wrong and maybe this can help others in the future:

If you add the cred field on it's own the notifications won't pick it up however if you wrap the cred field in the following it will pick it up:

<div class="cred-field cred-field-name"> Cred field here </div>

This should be in the notifications documentation. Not everyone uses the wizard. We have 40-50 fields with some post types and we use 5 for a form - why would we start with the wizard.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.