Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred forms labels for taxonomies

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
I have a custom cred form as follows:

[credform]
[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
<div class="row">
  <div class="col-md-6">
    [cred_field field='client-state' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='select' single_select='true']
  </div>
  <div class="col-md-6">
    [cred_field field='connection-type' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='select' single_select='true']
  </div>
</div>
[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Enregistrer les modifications' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg']
[/credform]

But the taxonomies ared displayed with labels that I can't find how to change.
Also, they're displayed with "Add new" buttons, but I need the users not to be able to add new terms.
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roman,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Based on what I see here there isn't any label tag attached to your form. So there should be any label tags being displayed.

The label tags are generated by html code similar to the one below.

<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_genre">[cred_i18n name='genre-label']Genres[/cred_i18n]</label>

Also the there isn't any Add New code for the taxonomies as well so these shouldn't be displaying as well. This is what the add new code looks like.

[cred_field field="genre_add_new" taxonomy="genre" type="add_new"]

Given that you're currently experiencing these unusual issues would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Can you let me know the page on the frontend where the form can be found ? I'm not seeing where you've sent a link to that page.

Thanks,
Shane

The form is within the tooltips in the map under page "carte".

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

I'm not seeing the Add new button for the fields but I do see the labels.

I've added the following css to your form so that the labels are no longer showing.

.wpt-form-select-label{
 display: none !important; 
}

Given that the Labels HTML tag isn't present it would appear that the form field itself is generating the labels.

Thanks,
Shane

The "Add new" already was hidden by CSS.
The reason why I contacted support is because I don't want to do this with CSS.
As per your first message, it seems to be a bug, or at least an "unusual issue".
What would you suggest in order to really solve the problem and not "workaround" it by CSS?
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

I did a quick test of this on a sandbox site that i've setup and found that the issue doesn't occur here. Whenever i added the marker with the form, i'm not able to see any labels. Also this is the code for the form.

[credform]
	[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
[cred_field field='category' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='select' single_select='true']

[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Submit' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg']
[/credform]

Can you remake the form and re-add it to the map ? What I mean is to go to Toolset-> Post Forms and create a new form that is identical and then let me know if the issue remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
You have admin rights here, please help yourself.
Only warn me o I can clean up your tests once the problem is solved.
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

I see that you're using the GridBuilder plugin. However i'm not familiar with with how to modify the grids.

Can you let me know the exact instructions of where to go to edit the map shortcode as well as the marker shortcode ? I will need to see exactly where the toolset shortcodes are in order to make the changes.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks.
The shortcodes from the popup is in the "marker" content template : hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

The problem is being caused by how you're loading the content template for the marker. Take a look at this test here.
hidden link

As you can see when the marker is being loaded without the use of the php hook everything displays fine as intended.This is the content template i'm using as a test.
hidden link

If you want to keep using your current method of loading the markers then you will need to use css to hide the information that isn't needed but given that this works without the hook then there isn't much else I can do in terms of debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.