Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED forms and Bootstrap tabs

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
tab_error.png
tab_adresse.png

Hello,

I am using Bootstrap tabs to have different CRED forms on the same page.

The thing is that, while being in a tab, the map preview of the address field is not loading properly (see print screen).

Also, if the CRED form of tab 2 has error(s), the error message is displayed in tab 1 instead (see print screen).

I guess that this would be the same for the message that is displayed instead of the form after submission.

Can you help me with this?

Regards,
Volodia

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I did some testing and I was able to reproduce the problems you described.

- errors from the second form appear above the first form. This appears to be the case whenever there are multiple CRED forms on the same page, whether they are in bootstrap tabs or not.

I have escalated this ticket so that our developers can investigate further.

- google map not rendering. In my tests I found that this is not an issue specific to CRED, I was unable to display a map in a bootstrap tab at all.

You can fix this issue by using JavaScript to trigger a reload of the map when you select the relevant tab.

If you edit the form you will see a box where you can add custom CSS and JS. Make a note of the map id your form is displaying, then add this custom JS, replacing the map id as required.

jQuery('a[data-toggle="tab"]').on('shown.bs.tab', function (e) {
    WPViews.view_addon_maps.reload_map('map-1');
})

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your reply Nigel.

I had a look in the Chrome Console but couldn't find the map-id of the preview. Could you guide me through?

And do you know if the message that is displayed instead of the form will be displayed in the right tab, this tab be open after submission ?

Regards,
Volodia

Nigel
Supporter

You should be able to see the map_id in the shortcode where you add your map.

I also saw the map id in Chrome devtools added as a "data-map" attribute.

As for your last point, I'm not sure, you will need to test and see.

cred_address_field.jpg

Hi Nigel,

I didn't integrate the Google Map using the Views plugin. The map preview comes automatically with the CRED address field (see print screen).

Regards,
Volodia

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Volodia

I missed your follow-up question. Could you verify, the Google Maps preview works if you display your form on its own page, and fails if you include it within a bootstrap tab, correct?

Hi Nigel,

Yes it works fine when the Google Maps preview is displayed on its own page.
Seing that those bugs are not trivial to solve, I opted for 2 separated pages.

Regards,
Volodia

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Volodia

I just wanted to let you know that an update of the Toolset suite is planned for next week, but a fix for this CRED issue won't make it into this update, it will be worked on for the subsequent release.

Thanks for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.