Skip Navigation

[Closed] CRED form submit message to show a form field

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Meagan Hanes 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Meagan Hanes.

Author

I am trying to show the contents of a form field (the email address the user typed) in a message after form submission.

I can show a form submission message ok (using "Display a message instead of the form..." in "Edit CRED Post Form"), but when I try to insert the email address using the "Fields and Views" option and pick the Email field in the field group used on the form, the message becomes:

Thankyou for contacting us.
[types field='email'][/types]

but after form submission the message is displayed without the email the user typed into the email field, despite the fact that the post created by the form DOES have the email field the user typed.

I'm currently using an AJAX submission.

Hi there! Thanks for reporting this bug.

I've managed to reproduce it in my local install, so I can confirm this is an active bug.

We do have an Errata for this issue: https://toolset.com/errata/form-messages-not-render-shortcodes-properly/ While this hotfix did not work in my case, please give it a try and let me know if it fixes it or not.

Meanwhile, I've asked my colleagues for their advice in confirming this is a bug. I'll update you as soon as I know more!

Thanks,
Meagan

Thankyou, I just tried the hotfix but it didn't fix the issue.

By the way, it may be irrelevant but the posts generated by my form are being created with a 'private' status.

Thanks for your patience. Our developer has identified part of the bug and is working to resolve it. He's hoping to have an update after this weekend.

I'll keep you updated on how this progresses.

Thanks,
Meagan

Thanks again for your patience! Our developers believe this bug is eliminated in our newest version which will be released very soon. When it is out, please update all Toolset components and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Meagan

Hi Neil! The new version of Toolset and the Toolset suite is now available.

Please update all plugins, confirm you are now using Types version 2.2.9, Views 2.3, and CRED 1.8.6 and let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks!
Meagan

The topic ‘[Closed] CRED form submit message to show a form field’ is closed to new replies.