Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred form says: User selected does not exists

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by HarryT902 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tim

Hi I have added a CRED User Edit form to page and the output is "User selected does not exists" (CRED spelling not mine)

However the User fields can be output with [wpv-user ....

See screenshot for form dialogue hidden link

Cheers, Tim

Tim

This is actual output alongside edit page. hidden link

The user is a subscriber and the permissions on form are hidden link

And Access is hidden link

t

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You added something like the following to a page, correct?

[wpv-user field='display_name']

[cred_user_form form='55' form_name='Edit User']

You are seeing the error because the first shortcode is showing a field of the currently logged-in user, but the second shortcode is showing the edit user form for the current user in the loop. But we are on a page, there is no user in the loop.

Try creating a View which displays users with a filter to just show the current user and add your cred user form shortcode there. Now display the view on your page where you want your user form.

Tim

Cool, you're a genius!

Which got me thinking. If I add the form the edit a specific user and replace the id with the userid shortcode [wpv-user field='ID'] like this:

[cred_user_form form='639' form_name='Edit Contractor Profile' user='[wpv-user field='ID']']

Viola! That works and it's a little simpler too. ?

That little tag is much easier!

user='[wpv-user field='ID']'

Awesome!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.