Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cred child link does not display at all

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have created a CRED child post link, but it does not appear on my site. Text surrounding the link appears, but the link itself is missing

Solution: Make sure you have specified the "link text" value in the CRED link builder. If not, there will be no "text" attribute in your shortcode and the link will not appear. Add the text attribute and value directly to the shortcode, or delete the shortcode entirely and recreate it with the desired link text.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonC-4 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
child-link issue.PNG

I am trying to: Display a link that will take me too a page that creates a child post, automatically setting the parent ID / name.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: Something.

Instead, I got: Nothing. No link, but I see the before and after text. I have checked IDs, Access Control and it just will not display at all. Everything is up to date. Please help.

<p>LINK<br />
[cred_child_link_form form='370' parent_id='-1' target='_self']<br />
AFTER LINK</p>

I followed the many-to-many tutorial and the child post has two parents. I am in one parent when I want to create the child and auto set that parent. I tried to go down the session route however there is no hook when a post changes. I tried the View API however it was finding a different view of a sub-list.

Hi, it looks like part of the CRED child link form wasn't filled out. Specifically, the "link text" attribute for the link. Please delete the shortcode for your CRED child link, and then replace it. In the "Child form" section there is an input for "link text", which should be filled out. Save and insert the shortcode into your post again.

Once it's filled in, your CRED shortcode will look something like this:

[cred_child_link_form form='370' parent_id='-1' target='_self' text='Click here to create a child post']

OMG! I tried everything except that and was embarking on a really dark rabbit hole! Many thanks for your rapid response,
Simon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.