Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating User-Selectable Custom Product Fields (options)

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clay 2 years, 7 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want users to be able to select options from a dropdown menu (or color swatch selector) on the woocommerce single product page, using a custom field. For example, a dropdown menu labeled "color" from which they can choose red, blue, or green.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I guess you would like your dropdown menu to do something, i.e. this is not a dropdown menu to be used on a form where users submit products, rather you want to add a field with options to the product page which become part of the order details when a product is added to the cart and goes through checkout.

Toolset can help with the former, but not so easily with the latter, and the "do something" part would need to be done via custom code.

There are plugins available for this if you don't want to code, this article appears to offer a good overview: hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I found a plugin that works pretty well. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.