Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating Templates to display custom post type opens as create layout

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alvaroM-5 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
create_template.png

I have an old site which uses Toolset since 2017. Currently my single custom post types are displayed using Layouts, and I want to switch to use a content template for display.

The problem is that when, from Toolset dashboard, I try to create new template for displaying custom post type it opens the "old" layout creation screen, instead of the template creation. See image attached - if I click on "Create Template" button it will open the layout creation, not the template!

Any idea how to fix this? thanks!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

That's actually the default behavior of the dashboard buttons when Toolset Layouts is activated. If you deactivated it, you will be able to create a content template directly from the Toolset dashboard.

While Toolset Layouts is activated, you must use the "Toolset->Content templates" menu item to create a new content template. Then, make sure that the post type for which you are creating the template, does not have a layout assigned to it, otherwise, the layout will always win.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Got it, thank you Jamal.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.