Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating a view without a loop

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to include a form in Divi. The current integration offers a Divi module to include a Toolset view. The user wanted to include the form using a view.

Solution:
Include the form directly in Divi using a shortcode:

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by richard-mazzafroM 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi, I am using Toolset with the Divi theme and have created a view for a CPT which I was able to add to a Divi page using the Toolset Module that is now available in the Divi builder. All of which works great, so thanks to you guys and to Elegant Themes for this integration. My question is, I wanted to do the same thing for a post form to use on the front end of our site so users could create new instances of this CPT. I wanted to put the form into a Toolset View, and then use the Divi Toolset module to add that form to another Divi page by assigning that View. But it appears that a Toolset View requires a Loop, and obviously I don't need the form to appear in a loop, but there seemed no way around that, so I adjusted the query for the loop to include only one item, and that way only one instance of the form appears in the View. Is this the best way to get a form onto a Divi Builder page, or should I have just created a page in the block editor and inserted a Form block? It would be nice to be able to create a View for ANY CPT content we are using, and then have the option to use the Toolset Module in the Divi Builder to add this content.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Currently, the integration with Divi provides only the View module. So, I would suggest including the form inside Divi directly, using a shortcode, without needing to use a wrapping view. Check the examples section in the shortcode's documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.