Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create support forum like the one on Toolset site

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to know how was this support forum created and wonder if they could do the same with the toolset plugins.

Solution:

Actually our forum is a highly customized version of the bbpress plugin.

I would not recommend trying to create a forum with only our toolset plugins, though it is possible but many features of a forum would require you to build out the pages manually.
https://bbpress.org/
I recommend using the bbpress plugin as well.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liatG 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I would like to use Toolset to create a support forum on my site similar to the Technical Support Forum that you have here on Toolset.com. I love that the forum threads appear in Google search results and I would like to make the same feature available to my users.

I looked for modules hoping you might have a forum module but I actually couldn't even find a list of modules on your site.

Can you help me set up a forum similar to the one you have on Toolset.com?

Thank you,
Liat

My customers basically have two types of needs: questions about their accounts/billing/logging in, and technical knitting questions.

How do you folks deal with account and billing questions that come in through the technical support forum? Or help redirect people that use the "Contact" form (if you have one) for technical support questions?

I would love to handle knitting questions through a forum just like yours. Obviously email works best for people asking for help with passwords/billing etc.

Thanks,
Liat

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Liat,

Actually our forum is a highly customized version of the bbpress plugin.

I would not recommend trying to create a forum with only our toolset plugins, though it is possible but many features of a forum would require you to build out the pages manually.
hidden link
I recommend using the bbpress plugin as well.

For account and billing questions these questions are normally posted directly to a team member who has the privileges to look on the accounts of our users.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Thank you so much for your help on this! It seems like the bbpress plugin is the way to go. When trying it out, I see that the forum topics show up in site search, which is what I want, so that is great. Thank you so much for your generous help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.