Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create edit form which combines user fields and several custom post fields

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Thank you. Sorry, I just got updates of plugins today (I thought they were updated as I have automatic updates enabled and I didn't see available updates).
I checked again and not everything works with Toolset Blocks on the page. Thanks again for the fix!

Just for you and your devs to know: seems like that after the recent update all forms got changes in their CSS id's. For example, if previously I had a form with id="formname_111_1" now the form has id="formname_111_1_1" -> extra "_1". So I had to change CSS and JS for my forms.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cassian,

Thank you for the information. I will pass this along.

If there are no further issues then you can go ahead and mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane. Thanks again.
I very much appreciate your help.
I still have a question, which is in the topic title, regarding the best way to create an edit form.
Would I still use the same "cred_save_data" action with the similar? What would be your advice on the best way to do this?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cassian,

Yes the same cred_save_data action can be used for your edit forms.

All our Hooks apply for each of our Form Types whether edit form or create form.

Thanks,
Shane

Got it, thank you Shane.
In the case of the "create" form, everything works fine for me. I am working on the "edit "form now.
If you like I could close the ticket now and open a new one in case I need help with the "edit" form

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cassian,

That is what is recommended given the length of this thread.

Closing this one and opening a new ticket for any other issue that comes up would be best.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.