Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create an Image gallery slider for a Custom Post

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Create an Image gallery slider for a Custom Post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not possible, otherwise I would not have the problem...

I expected to see: an Image gallery slider for a Custom Post

Instead, I got: nothing

Dear Toolset-Team,

I am not realy good in coding and tha tis exactly the reason I purchased Toolset. Or let me say it in your words: With Toolset, you can build advanced WordPress sites without writing PHP.

I've been spending hours and hours reading toolsets docs and forum entries about this issue trying them out...but with no results.

One problem is that there are many different ways explained to resolve the problem:
e.g. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-image-fields-child-type-create-slider/
or https://toolset.com/forums/topic/slider-from-multiple-image-types-field/
and more... .
So I got really confused about the issue.

What I did so far:
1. Created a Costum Post Type "Boats" with assigned Fieldgroup "Fieldgroup for Boas"
2. Then I filled up some Data for one Boat.
3. With focus on the multiple image types field "images" I have been trying to make a Content Template which would show the images within a slider (something like hidden link)...

All solutions described did not work for me. But maybe because I'm not a developer.

So I really need a practical solution for this problem. Please help.

I just made a backup (WordPress & Database).

So feel free to use logins provided.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Wolfgang

Hi, if you'd like to do this without any extra PHP, the best approach is to create another custom post type called "Boat Images" and make "Boat Images" a child of "Boats". In the Boat Image custom post type, you can insert the image of the Boat using the featured image field, or you can create a custom image field and store it there. Then to create the gallery of images, you can use a View of Boat Images configured as a slider. The View should be filtered by post relationship, where the post parent is set by the current page. All of this can be accomplished without the need for PHP. Think this could work for your needs?

If there's another reason you really need to use a repeating custom field instead of another post type, feel free to let me know and we can discuss other options.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.