Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create a view with Toolset Blocks that only shows content of relationship

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Steffi 1 year, 3 months ago.

Author
Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-13 um 13.40.28.png
Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-13 um 13.42.21.png
Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-13 um 13.49.08.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have two custom post types: "Meine Arena" (my arena) and "Spiele" (Games). In "Spiele" I created a list of all possible games. In "Meine Arena" the information about the playground is defined.
Then I created a relationship "Meine Arena Spiele" with 1:n relation: one arena can have many games.
Now I want to create a view with Toolset Blocks that only shows the games on a page (homepage) that are related to my arena, but following the documentation below I'm not able to manage that since the description and screenshots in the documentation differ from how it looks on my site. In my content template ("Spiele-Galerie") I always get all games displayed that are listed in the "Spiele" post and not only the ones that are associated with "Meine Arena".
Could you please help? I can also grant access to the site.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/#displaying-many-related-items

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The described event and author relation within the documentation.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thanks a lot,
Steffi

Found the solution with some help on my own.

Edit "View" in your content templates. Go to Block > Content Selection > enable "Allow multiple Post types" and selected both post types (Spiele and Meine Arena).
Then added a filter on "relationships" (first item in the dropdown list which I overlooked all the time I checked before ...) and set to: Select items "in the Meine Arena Spiele relationship" as related "Meine Arena" of specific "Meine Arena Daten" and selection of my arena post.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.