Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CPT, Toolset and Divi

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Test_pic.jpg

I am trying to: view the cpt Facebook events by divi and toolset.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: just the cpt-template

Instead, I got: the standard wp-template and inside of it will be shown the cpt-template.

Hi, when I visit the site I don't see the same as your test pic. The sidebar is not visible for me. Perhaps you were able to fix this by changing the Divi Page Layout options?

Hi Christian,
yes, I was able to deactivate the sidebar. but there is still the content above the divi section...
Maybe it is, 'cause my CPT was created by an extra tool Facebook Event (hidden link)

Best Regards Andreas

can you please help me how to deactivate, or eliminate that content?

Test_pic2.jpg

I'm just talking about the yellow marked area. It is not part of the template, I don't know why that content is there, it comes from the plugin Import Facebook Event (hidden link).
I'm using toolset to style the content from that plugin, so I don't want to see that part of the content....

Toolset's Content Templates work within the_content(), which usually does not include the site's main header and footer. Other plugins like the FB Event plugin you're using create their own templates, which also include elements outside of Toolset's control. So if you want to remove those elements, you can use CSS, or you can create your own custom PHP templates. CSS is probably easier. Here's some CSS code that will hide the main header, featured image, title, and event details sections:

.single-facebook_events article.facebook_events > div.et_post_meta_wrapper:first-of-type {
  display:none;
}
.single-facebook_events .ife_eventmeta {
}
.single-facebook_events #main-header {
}
.single-facebook_events #page-container {
  padding-top: 0px !important;
}

You could add that to your Content Template's CSS panel.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.