Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CPT in islemag theme Frontpage sections

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use the Frontpage Sections theme options for Islemag theme, but I cannot select a CPT. I can only select a Category.

Solution: Unfortunately the islemag theme is not flexible enough to allow you to filter by post type here. Instead, you could use Views to recreate these post lists.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thibautF 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I don't know if you can answer.
I want tout use islemag thème.
For the Home page, you have 5 sections where you could select article and taxonomy to show.
But, you coulent select cpt'one.
How can i do that ?

Thx for help.
(Non support by Isle for free theme)

Hi, it seems it's not possible to select a CPT to display in these Frontpage sections. Your theme isn't flexible enough to allow this type of filter. You can only choose from Categories, and optionally provide a number of posts. The options in this part of the theme customizer are controlled by the theme, so there's not much I can do to help you use your CPTs here. If you need additional assistance, I recommend purchasing the theme and asking their support team for help. They may be able to provide more features in a paid version that are not available in the free version.

hello and thank you for your answer.

could we imagine the same type of operation from toolset?
for that, it would be necessary among other things to fix heights of "lines" and perhaps other things?

could we imagine the same type of operation from toolset?
Each of these Frontpage sections is basically a View of posts, filtered by category. I imagine you could create similar lists in Views, then insert those Views into the content of your custom Home Page.

for that, it would be necessary among other things to fix heights of "lines" and perhaps other things?
I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean. Some knowledge of HTML and CSS is required to format Views. Line height, color, fonts, spacing, and other things may need to be adjusted. If you want to copy the styles from your theme, you could copy the HTML generated by the theme, then use that as a guideline for setting up your View templates.

Thank you for your quick return.

I see well with Views. When I create this type of Views, the height adjusts with the content and we get a page that goes up and down according to previous sections ...
I searched but not really found how to fix a line height (Rows in layout edit), but English min is approximate, I probably do not know what to look for ...

One way to fix that is to put each View in a div with a specific height:

<div style="height: 300px; overflow: hidden;">
[wpv-view name="your-view-slug"]
</div>
This will prevent content from sliding up and down as the Views change.

Thank you very much !!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.