Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Couple of display issues with Layouts/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author

We been playing around with getting toolset running on test sites, and have noted an issue with the new beta layouts/views.

Embedded Youtube videos do not display inside the new post content cells, nor do they display in visual editor cells.

The following two links both include embedded youtube links.
1.) hidden link
2.) hidden link

The first link is using the current versions of layouts/views, the second link is using the newest versions of the betas (Layouts 1.9b4 and Views 2.3b5). Both include youtube videos that show up on the Edit Post screen, however, the videos do not show on the site using the newer plugins. I have tried experimenting with the two simple youtube video methods supported natively by wordpress (posting just the link and letting wordpress pick it up and convert it, and posting the url via Add Media). Both methods are working with the current plugins, and neither work on the new versions.

Hi Oliver,

This is Mohammed from the Toolset support team. I will do my best to help you.

In the meantime, I'm cloning the latest dev versions of Views and Layouts to test your issue.

Please wait and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi Oliver,

To make content layout work, you will need a template Layout and a post content cell.

So, Please try the following:

- Go to your post insert the video as media
- Create a new Layout
- Add a "Post content" cell into this layout
- Go to your post, click "Content Layout editor"

This should work smoothly.

Thanks.

Mohammed,

It's great that embedded youtube videos work inside visual editor blocks contained inside post content blocks and designed using the content layout editor. But that didn't use to 'have' to be the case.

In layouts 1.8 we could write posts that include embedded youtube video using the native wordpress editor and view those via toolset in a visual editor block with the wpv-post-body shortcode. Now we can't, that doesn't seem like an upgrade, nor is it backwards compatible.

It's great that we can now use post content blocks to make more interesting post layouts, but layouts should still remain backwards compatible. As it stands, any layouts blog that upgrades to 1.9 will need to go through every single post that contains an embedded video, and essentially recreate it to use the alternative editor.

Take a look at these two test posts (both using 1.9)
hidden link
hidden link

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your reply and your notification.

I contacted the layouts developer to know more about the content layout issue and he replied that there is an issue in the Toolset starter theme. I guess that you are using it?

Anyway, I disabled the content layout and let the video work with only a template layout that contains a post content cell.

So, I think that there is no issue with that and the websites that depend on the previous configurations will not be affected.

In case that you have an issue with wpv-post-body or any previous functionality provided by Layouts, please help me to see the issue in your website to check it and if we have a bug or so, I will report it ASAP.

I will set the next reply as a private so that you can provide your website access credentials in needed.

Thanks.

Mohammed, I installed a new site (well i wiped the un-upgrade site from the first post), upgraded to the beta plugins, exported over the posts from the other site, and could not replicate the issue. It would seem that there was something specific about that other site.

I just deactivated some plugins that I had not configured yet, and the embedded videos started working. However, I then reactivated those plugins to see which one caused the issue, and it was still working.

Is there some possibility that left over cached remnants of older beta's could have been in play? That particular site started off with an earlier version of the beta, and was upgraded to the current version. It's currently running the beta integration for twentyseventeen, but it's very possible that it was running starter at some point in the past.

Hi Oliver,

Yes, in our downloads page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ , you will find a drop down menu "Select Plugins" to select the type of versions.

You will find an option to select Betas, click it and then you will find the current beta.

You also can click the "changelog" link under the version name to get all the previous beta versions of a specific plugin.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.