Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Country County City automated dropdown

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jay 1 year, 8 months ago.

Author

Jay

This is an old question, but I wondered if anybody has found a solution to this yet.
Select country, which then offers you a next field displaying only counties of that country. Yes it could be manual at the moment with taxonomies.
But has Toolset found the solution or is there a 3rd party plugin that resolves this issue?

Thanks
Jay

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes but some of the posts saying Toolset are working on it are 6 years old

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 12.32.56.png

Hi Jay

What's the context for these dropdowns? Do you mean search filters in a View?

You can do something like this with ancestor filters, based on post relationships.

You would create a CPT for Country, a CPT for County, a CPT for City, linked in a chain of one-to-may relationships. You would connect the post type you are actually displaying as the last step in the chain, e.g. as a child post of City posts.

Then create the View to display those posts, and insert a relationship filter. You should see that you can add additional parts of the chain (screenshot; ignore the names, the relationships on the test site used for this are meaningless).

Jay

Thanks Nigel, I understand what you've said, I will implement it later.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.