Skip Navigation

[Resolved] control height of WYSIWYG custom field in CRED FORM

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rita 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi
Afraid this might be a silly question. I seem to be having great difficulty finding a good solution for changing the height of a specific WYSIWYG custom field in a cred form. I don't want to change all text area fields including the wordpress _content field or other WYSIWYG custom fields. I just want to change the height of this one custom field.
Everything I have tried doesn't work...
Can anyone advise me of the best way to go about it?
Many thanks!
Rita

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rita,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The best way to do this is by using some css to adjust the height.

Would it be possible for me to have a look at the form? If so then I should be able to provide you with the css to do this.

Thanks
Shane

Hi Shane
Ok great!
Its a member's only page - hidden link
When you click this link you should be asked to login or register, which is really simple and quick.
If you would rather not register please just send me a private message facility and I will give you a temporary login.
Thanks!
Rita

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rita,

Yes please provide me with the credentials.

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.50.55 AM.png

Hi Rita,

I see you are using a large field for just a url,

Why not just use the video field for this instead of a large text area. See screenshot.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I had tried that already... and a single line field... and a URL field (raw formatting, not raw formatting etc). The only field that works is this WYSIWYG field....

The thing is this site is a membership site. Members can create posts with embedded video. I am using a very nice video responsive plugin called 'ARVE' which allows the video URL to be dropped into any template as long as it sits on its own line. And in the future, as the site grows and when I buy the pro add on, display the video thumbs on views which will help with page load times. Thats the plan anyway...

If I use the VIDEO, SINGLE LINE or URL field I have to ask members to only enter the ID number of a particular video (You Tube only for example). This is proving to be a problem as everyone is used to copying and pasting the full URL on other social platforms and be able to post any kind of video.

In any case, to allow members to create their post from front end and for me to be able to control where the video displays on the post template, I need to provide some kind of custom field for their URL.

So in conclusion, I thought if I could get the WYSIWYG field to look better in the CRED form it would be a decent fix. I am not using the WYSIWYG field for anything else.

What do you think? 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rita,

Let me see how best how I can help for the WYSIWYG 🙂

I tried to log in and the credentials weren't working 🙁

Could you check on this for me ?

Thanks,
Shane

Ok great!
Oops I changed the password.. 😉
Please give me a private field so I can give you a new one?
Standing by.
Rita

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rita,

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rita,

Add this to the css section of your CRED form.

#cred_form_21658_1_wpcf-story-video-1_ifr{
height: 56px !important;
}

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

That works perfectly Shane. Thank you very much indeed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.