Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template Setup

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by CharlesB2907 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot_10-18-3.jpg

Link Update:

I was able to post the form link in a discreet area of the Home page (please see screenshot). If currently reads "Edit Home New" the staging name of the page. Can this text be changed to something else?

Screenshot_10-18-4.jpg

Hi - Is there anyway to make this form look a little better without CSS or is there some sample code available to work with?

Also, Image file field is set to browse my hard drive. Can it be set to browse the site's media library?

Hello - Update regarding the following post above:

"Secondly yes based on what I can see this only needs to be a url field. If there are any issues getting to work you can always just send me a few screenshots of the exact issue and I can continue to walk you through the resolution steps."

I will proceed thank you. Could the same thing be the same for the Divi Image Module like the Button Module?

Since I'm only seeking to call the image file to display and not have the image link outward, can I only add the shortcode to the Image URL for display and not place the shortcode in the Image URL Link?

UPDATE: The applies using Divi Builder. I did test this by only placing the Toolset shortcode in the Image URL field of a Divi Image Module leaving the Image Link URL field blank within the content template and the result was Toolset did display the image on the post page correctly.

The previous queries the 3 posts above are still in question.

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charles,

Happy to see you were able to get this working.

The link for the edit is a shortcode that is inserted into the template. For the Edit Text, the shortcode has a parameter for that. Could you send me the shortcode that was inserted to add the edit link ?

For the form, unless you use HTML structures, the only other way to make the form look better is by using CSS.

As you have an image upload field, this means that its expecting an image to be uploaded from your pc. So its actually not possible for it to get the image from your wordpress media library.

For the image module it may not be the same. Again if it doesn't work for the image module then an alternative would need to be used since I cannot guarantee that Divi will process our shortcodes here.

Yes you should be able to add the shortcode to the image url.

Please let me know if i've covered everything.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi - Yes, I am beginning to see a little more clearly now. It would be empowering to see the homepage and product page function together correctly.

This is the shortcode I posted in the Divi Text Module to trigger the edit form: {!{toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='home-page-content-form-template'}!}Edit %%POST_TITLE%%{!{/toolset-edit-post-link}!}

In addition to the post above:

"For the form, unless you use HTML structures, the only other way to make the form look better is by using CSS."

Is there a way I can design this form in DIvi?
What do you mean by html structures?
Has any Toolset support agents or users shared basic CSS for forms that I could use as a starting point?

"As you have an image upload field, this means that it's expecting an image to be uploaded from your pc. So it's actually not possible for it to get the image from your wordpress media library."

Are you saying that Toolset forms created with fields for upload images can't link images located in the same sites media library?

If this is the case, none of this will work. The homepage featured image is supposed to be a post of work that is already included in the site, meaning the library. It's just chosen randomly as a feature. It would never be a fresh post to the site.

I think it ridiculous that a WordPress plugin that can provide image upload functionality to a page or post from the media library.

Is this also the case for the form that I would need for uploading content to the Products page?

Has this all been a waste of time - what purpose does the wordpress media library provide with Toolset.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Great, for the shortcode here.
{!{toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='home-page-content-form-template'}!}Edit %%POST_TITLE%%{!{/toolset-edit-post-link}!}

You can replace the text "Edit %%POST_TITLE%%" with any text you want.

Unfortunately no there isn't any way to design the form using the divi builder. The basic structure of our form uses bootstrap and the bootstrap css classes are being applied.

Your divi theme should also provide some basic styling to the form as well.

The field is an upload field. This field is a what a default upload field in html would be, which takes items from your pc. So since its an upload field then it wouldn't have access to the media library. This is actually by design.

The only way to add items from your media library is when you have WYSIWYG field and then have the add media button above it to that will provide access to the media gallery.

This is also for secondary purpose of security.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for proving assistance with the shortcode.

How can Divi render styling to the form? I did not see any way to access Divi module settings while creating the form.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The form uses basic HTML classes.

Im not sure what classes divi has for their form styling but you can use the classes that they use. If you're wondering if you can use the divi builder to build the form then no this is actually not possible.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Of all of the Forms I am led to believe are enabled by Toolset, are you stating that there is NO sample form CSS, a snippet from previous client support, nothing whatsoever you can share to help me along with the styling of this form??

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 2.38.42 PM.png

Hi Charles,

As mentioned your theme, should apply default styling to your form. See screenshot

This is from a test site I have with Divi. As you can see the default styling is applied.

The page that you add the form to, why doesn't it have any container information for your theme. Is this a custom page template that was created?

Was the form added through the divi builder?

Also would it be possible to gain access to the site just to see why the styles isn't being applied?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The shortcode you should need is [types field='my-field'][/types]

Secondly I need a link to the Form page.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm not sure what you mean by Form page link aside from the following:

Post Forms: Home Page Form (ID: 16486)

hidden link

Is this what you are referring to?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

What should the user edit, does your client want to edit the homepage itself and change the work ? Or is it that they want to edit the product ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

The client and I both want to be able to change the featured image on the Home Page with the "View This Work" button link to the Product page the image featured on the page.

I and the client want to be able to Post NEW work Products to the site and edit existing Products using a form.

Does this make sense?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.