Skip Navigation

[Resolved] content template not pulling dynamic content from all fields

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Example 1
Photographs
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
it's showing 1920 for all

Example 2
Passport applications
showing same mother and father name for all
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I cleared the cache
same issue

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange. I'll have to review your current setup and for that I'll require admin access details and problem URL for the photograph and Passport applications post.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The issue was with both the year field on photographs post content template and issue with (father + mother) name on passport application content template - when I checked both content templates I found that there is a static values added. I've added the related Types shortcodes to display the dynamic content.

For Photograph year I've added the following shortcode to the "Fields and Text" block:
=> hidden link

[types field='photograph-date' output='raw'][/types]

For Passport application (mother + father) name I've added the following shortcode to the "Fields and Text" block:
=> hidden link

<p><strong>FATHER :</strong> <span id="tb-shortcode-13" class="tb-fields-and-text-shortcode-render tb-fields-and-text-shortcode-render-types" data-tb-shortcode-id="13" data-tb-shortcode-is-block="false">[types field='father-s-first-name'][/types] [types field='father-s-last-name'][/types]</span> </p>

<p><strong>MOTHER : </strong><span id="tb-shortcode-17" class="tb-fields-and-text-shortcode-render tb-fields-and-text-shortcode-render-types" data-tb-shortcode-id="17" data-tb-shortcode-is-block="false">[types field='mother-s-first-name'][/types] [types field='mother-s-last-name'][/types]</span></p>

Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

I understand you resolved the issue, but now I cant edit with visual builder anymore
That's not the solution I am looking for, because the people who will be editing these pages are not coders.

hidden link

Same issue with the second solution

Need to be able to edit in visual mode

hidden link

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I do not change any mode on your site - when I loggedin it was using "Fields and Text" block to display those fields. If you do not want to use "Fields and Text" block then you should go with single field block and add your desired fields as required.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.