Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template not being used in Tags archive

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by StanleyT8485 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to create an archive page for our Tags and customize it with a Content Template. These tags are under a Custom Post Type.

However, the archive page isn't using the Content Template.

Here's what I've done:
1. Create a Content Template and check Tags. Screenshot: hidden link
2. Create a WordPress Archive for the Tags. This is working.

Screenshot of Content Template and a Tag archive page: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - you want to display the archive title on the tags archive you created using Toolset - right?

Yes, correct.

More importantly, I want it to use the Content Template I have assigned it.

Minesh
Supporter

If you want to display the archive title then you need to edit your archive and add the archive title there.

Do you mean the theme archive?

How about using Content Template to update the archive page? Can we do that?

Minesh
Supporter

How you are building the archive? Using Blocks or classic mode?

Toolset has separate menu to create archive Toolset => WordPress Archives from there you can create a new archive.

You can create a content template and add it within the archive loop but you can not directly assign content template to archive.

I am using Classic mode to build the archive.

"You can create a content template and add it within the archive loop but you can not directly assign content template to archive."

I see. I thought I would be able to assign an archive to a content template because Toolset was giving me that option. Screenshot: hidden link

I have three questions:

1. How can I show the Tag title into the archive without the "Tag" in front of the title? For example, Tag: Biology. I am using [wpv-archive-title] in the Views.

2. How can I show the Tag description? I have tried both [wpv-post-taxonomy type="sc_tag" format="description"] and [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag" format="description"] and both doesn't show anything.

3. The Content Template I'm putting into the Views archive is not showing up. Screenshot: hidden link
Nothing showing up on the Tag page. Screenshot: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

What plugin version you are using? It looks like that content templates are part of the archive's loop.

1. How can I show the Tag title into the archive without the "Tag" in front of the title? For example, Tag: Biology. I am using [wpv-archive-title] in the Views.
==>
You will have to use the get the title filter. Please check the following related ticket.
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-a-title-in-my-category-archive/#post-1164829

Would you mind to create a new ticket for every new question you may have. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery for the original issue reported.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I used these fields to solve my issue.
Tag title: [wpv-taxonomy-title]
Tag description: [wpv-taxonomy-description]

I found them from this link: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-archive

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.