Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template for CPT not redirecting to single page view from Archive

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fleurP 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have setup a CPT with a custom archive and template view. The archive page seems to be displaying the information correctly apart from not redirecting to the single page view and displaying the custom template I setup. Currently it keeps redirecting back to the archive page.

Below code for Archive that needs to redirect to single page.

<div style="margin-bottom:10px;"><a class="dwnload" href="[wpv-post-url]" title="View" alt="View">VIEW</a> <a href="[wpv-post-url]" title="View" alt="View">[wpv-post-title]</a></div>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange. Can you please share problem URL and share details where exactly you added the code you shared as well as admin access details so I can review whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I currently have to conditions setup on the archive page for the CPT "Document Manager".

1. The one condition is pulling information into the archive but not loading the downloadable file as per the view instructions. It keeps redirecting back to the archive page. Link to archive page "Annual Reports" - hidden link

2. The other condition which is suppose to load content from the block and link to the single page view is not loading the content requested at all. Link to archive page "Annual Reports" - hidden link

I just managed to figure it out. It is working now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.