Skip Navigation

[Resolved] content template doesn’t display header/footer

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Creating a Content Template for a post type to be used with the Impreza theme results in the Header and Footer not being displayed. (It was necessary to register the theme function "us_load_template" for Content Templates to work at all with Impreza.)

Solution:
In the Impreza theme settings it was necessary to explicitly set the header and footer for the custom post type, "default" didn't work.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/theme-support-for-content-templates/

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertP-11 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am integrating toolset with the Impreza theme. I found the doco for that and set the template function to "us_load_template" which then loads in the template, however it replaces the entire page not just the page body so there is no header/footer on the page anymore. I can't figure out why it isn't loading the header/footer as that function appears at least to be called where the post_body is.

Help?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I'd need to see this in action and look at the theme files to have a clear opinion.

But first, did us_load_template come from the Views debugging mode described under the "Theme support for Content Templates" section of Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content?

Impreza has a settings page where you can define the header/footer/sidebar for each custom post type. My custom post type was set to default, however this didn't work. Manually setting the required header/footer in this Impreza theme settings page did the trick and header/footer are now visible. Given that all the other post types (page/post/product/event) are working fine on "use default", perhaps this is a weird incompatibility between Toolset (where I defined the post type with the issue) and Impreza. Not sure. Fixed and moving on now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.