Skip Navigation

[Closed] content-template

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

hej toolset.
i am trying to concatenate some pages via toolset-views. that works fine except, i don't know how to access for each page the declared content template. the value ist stored in hiedden fields ' _views-template'. but i didn't manage to make it visible via tollset settings.
i am talking about [wpv-post-body view_template="none"] and instead of none i need the value form the hidden field!
thanks in advance for your help!
best,
s

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you want to display the current post body and that you can display using the view's shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="none"]

I'm not sure why its not working. Do you want to display post body content or other hidden field content?

Can you please share problem URL and tell me what content you want to display exactly where and share admin access details. Once I will review your site structure and once I know what exactly thing you want to display I will be able to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

hej minesh.

actually view_template="none" say that it should read out content without content template.

i am looking for the setting where it does read out the content template, and further more exactly the one that i have specified for that special page.

i found no setting for that in any documentation.

can you help?

best,
s

Minesh
Supporter

If your content template slug is: ct-for-books

Then you should use the following shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="ct-for-books"]

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

ok, and now dynamic please!

i have a view that concatenates multiple pages, each set up with different(!) content template.

in my view output i'd like to see the concatenated pages one after the other with THEIR content template.

as far as i know the id know the ID of the content template is stored in the hidden field ' _views_template'.

how can i get THIs id into my view_template="please-get-me-the-ID-here"?

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know what content template you created - did you created the content template to display single post?

If you can share problem URL and admin access details and tell me at what place you want to display what and once I review that information I'll be able to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] content-template’ is closed to new replies.