Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content submission form stopped working

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jozsefG 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello

I create a classifieds site for student rentals using Forms. So far everything went smooth, user form created, and working.

Content submission for ad worked once, and now it stopped working. Nothing happens when I click submit. Something simialar happened with the user reg form but that was an access right problem, and solved it quickly. I checked everything, and checked the access rights too, but everything seems alright. I deactivated ajax submit. You can check it only if you register and login: hidden link

Maybe it would be better if I send you the admin details too, so you'd be able to see what I did in the backend. It's the first cred forms project for me so it's very possible I messed up something.

This website loads very slow on this end.
Is this known to you or an exception on my ISP?

I almost was not able to reach the site or its backend.

However, I would recommend updating to Toolset Types 3.0.8 (you may need to refresh the update check a few times if that update does not yet appear in your plugins list)

I see there is a JS error on the page with the Form:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'secret' of null at a.wp.receiveEmbedMessage

This error is produced in hidden link, hence a core file.

I see you use reCaptcha there, did you properly register it?
Can you try without it, to see if this is the issue?

If that does not help please enable Theme Twenty Seventeen and disable non-Toolset Plugins.
Test this form again.

If the issue still persists, please let me know (Do you recall if this started at some point, or was always like this on your install?)

Ok, I finally identified what was the problem. I remade the form, and tested it step by step making modifications. It seems that the problem was that I added two css classes to the submit button. They were divi button styles. Without any styles set in the shortcode, it seemed to be working. I created a new style, based on the divi-like style that I wanted, and set that on the shortcode, and it's working... Isn't this weird? How can the css of the submit button stop the form from submitting?

As for the slowing down of the hosting, I don't know what could cause it. For me works perfectly now, but it's true that I noticed sometimes some slowdowns episodes too for a few minutes.

If you use classes defined by another software it may be that those classes carry more than you expect them to.
For example, JS Code can act on classes.
If JS code acts on buttons that have such classes but do not return or "are not" like the code expects, they'll break.

The solution to this is creating your own classes and add the CSS to them.

Thanks for the help Beda

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.