Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Conflict official Font Awesome plugin (4.0.0-rc20) and Toolset

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
2020-05-22_15-03-38.png
2020-05-22_14-52-52.png

Hi,

I use the official Font Awesome plugin (4.0.0-rc20) and Toolset. I am also a Font Awesome Pro user. I use the Kit solution of Font Awesome (not the CDN).

Many Toolset icons in the backend are show as questionmarks. Also the delete button on repeatable field groups is not working (not clickable). See attachment. When I turn on conflict detection from Font Awesome I see there is a svg file which has a 404 respons:
hidden link (also see screenshot).

When I disable the Font Awesome plugin, all Toolset icons work ok, but offcourse I do not have working icons on the frontend.

I asume wpv-custom.svg is a Toolset file, so I think this file is in conflict with the Font Awesome plugin

Thanks in advance!
Martijn Hoogma

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Martijn and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better understand and resolve this issue, I have created a test site and installed some Toolset plugins on it. If you can reproduce this issue on it and note the exact steps to follow, I'll escalate this ticket to our compatibility team for further analysis.
Please use the credentials in my previous private reply(May 23, 2020 at 1:42 pm) to login in. You can install any required Toolset plugin from the Toolset Installer in Plugins->Add New->Commercial(tab).

2020-05-25_09-00-18.png

Hello Jamal,

I have reproduced the issue. See the test post "Hello world!" and screenshots.
And still the 404 for wpv-custom.svg...

Thanks for your help.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Martijn

Jamal has a few days holiday, let me step in here.

I checked the test site and can see the issue on the Hello World! post (though I don't see any 404 for wpv-custom-svg).

I'm not familiar with the Font Awesome plugin, but I checked the settings and I can see that the problem only occurs when you specify SVG under the "Technology" setting, rather than Web Font.

With that option it seems that the plugin when it identifies icon tags on the page replaces them with svg markup, which introduces the problem.

I'm guessing your preferred option it to use SVG, which is why you've set it up that way.

I'll check with the developers about what's the best way to proceed here and I'll let you know.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The problems happen because the plugin scans for icons on the page and then—with JavaScript—replaces the markup for those icons with SVGs, which is where the problems arise.

I understand from the developer comments that we cannot integrate with the plugin because of how Font Awesome is handled within Toolset, in common code that is shared across the whole suite of plugins, but knowing what the plugin does we can make some changes which should prevent these problems, and we have an internal ticket now to do so.

In the meantime you cannot use the SVG mode of the plugin.

I'll let you know when there is an update.