Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to insert a CRED Edit Form in a Layout

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to insert a CRED Edit Form in a layout?

Solution:
Edit forms should be added by as shown here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-cred-editing-forms/

Make sur to switch the Tabs to "With Layouts".

There will be the instruction on how to create Layouts with Edit CRED Form Cells in it.

CRED forms can also be inserted in Cotent Templates and even Visual Editors, but this is not suggested.
It is only to use when you have edge cases where you want to display the CRED Form within other Content Type.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by xavierC-2 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

I've a development site locally, 100% updated. I use Toolset Starter Team with Layouts and I've a CRED form to add a new Product (Woocommerce). It includes a date field.

When I submit the form, the product is added, but the date field is empty.

I turned off all plugins, changed the theme and was able to conclude it's a conflict between CRED and Layouts, like here : https://toolset.com/errata/date-checkboxes-and-skype-user-form-fields-are-not-working-properly-when-form-page-is-rendered-with-layouts/

Using Layouts isn't though to replicate the problem though.

I've a Layout for a Custom Post, that Layout displays a content template and it seems it's because the CRED form is inside this content template the form isn't able to store the date field value.

When I use a simple visual editor rather than the content template and add the CRED Form inside, it works.

I'll simply bypass the bug that way, but I would like to mention it seems the conflict between CRED and Layouts is still there in some case.

CRED forms to add Posts should be added with a CRED Cell in layouts.

It is not recommended to add them in a Content Template.

Edit forms, on the other hand, should be added by a Content Template as shown here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-cred-editing-forms/

The erratum you mention was for User Forms, and you use Post Forms.

Now, I tested your Issue with Post Forms, both NEW and EDIT forms.

1. Add Post Form in a Content Template added in a Layout:
Dates are saved fine.

2. The same for Edit Forms.

This works fine on my install.

Could you try to manually reinstall the Plugins with a copy from your Toolset account > Downloads?

Please backup your website before you do that.

Ok I understand.

Though, if it's not recommended to add a CRED form in a Content Template, if should be better to remove the button on Content Template editing screen.

Anyway, I put the CRED Form directly in a cell of a Layout.
Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.