Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional shortcode not working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The conditional shortcode [wpv-conditional] is not working, it display only a "[".

Solution:

The client figures out it is a copy/paste problem:
I pasted back the original code but unintentionally left an extra "[".

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sebastian 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: I have three instances of my website (production, test, and sandbox) the conditional shortcode [wpv-conditional] is not working on the sandbox instace (recent copy of production) and the only difference is the WP version. The version in sandbox is 4.9.1

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link and clikc in "LOG IN"

I expected to see: the login page

Instead, I got: An error page

Hello,

I assume we are talking about this page:
hidden link

I have tried it in my chrome browser, I can see only a text "[" in the content area.

Please check these in your website:
1) Upgrade WordPress to the latest version 4.9.5
https://wordpress.org/download/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

After the tests I made to figure out the conditional shortcode was the problem, I pasted back the original code but unintentionally left an extra "[". But even with that syntax error, yesterday the page was just showing an error and not being rendered at all.
Now it works, without doing anything.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.