Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional input

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Schermafbeelding 2016-04-19 om 11.26.19.png

Hello!

I have created a view with 3 filters (all taxonomies) to choice from.
Customers have to click on the first OR second filter and always the last filter.
At this moment they can set the first, second and last filter at the same time.
How can I set this?

Thanks

How do you want the user to decide where to click?

You need to check something, so to conditionally output content

As example a User Login, or any other thing you want.

More informations are avalyaibe here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

Can you elaborate on the goal?

Thank you

Hello Beda,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I am aware of the conditional output in views, but I do not know how to use it in my situation.
I need conditional input...
Can you tell me a more about what to do?

Thanks!

Yes, if you tell me what you want to evaluate, I can tell you how to do it.

I will give you a generic overview, which is also elaborated on the Documentation.
As a suggestion, to avoid waiting Times, you can always consult them:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

What you do is highlight the part of content or code you want to show only conditionally.

Then, you click on the Button "Conditional Display"

After, in the Pop Up GUI; you choose what Data you want to evaluate, and by which condition the evaluation should return True or False.

Then you hit "insert" and the conditional is set up.

You might then need to add additionally details to your evaluated Data.

A great Thread explaining this, you can read here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-query-where-post-author-is-not-current-logged-in-user/#post-386860

Let me know where you struggle?

Hello!

Thanks for the information.
I get the idea of conditional output.
I think this isn't the solution which I am looking for.
Is it possible that if you choice an option from the first filter that you still can see the second filter, but that you can not make a choice of the second one. And they same, if you choice an option from the second filter, the first is still there, but you can not click it, let's say deactivate. My goal is that users only click on the first or second and then the third. At this moment they can click on the first and the second, and this is not okay for the results. They results should be based on one of the taxonomies.

Thanks in advance!

It's partially possible.

You can set your filters to either hide or disable all choices that are not available according the first choice.

Let's say, you have a View listing Posts and 2 Taxonomies applied to those posts.
You have a parametric Search for those 2 taxonomies.

Some posts have Both Taxonomies assigned, others just one.

Now you select Item (Term) one from your first Search, and if correctly set, the second search will now only show or be "choosable" if there are actually some posts that have FIRST AND SECOND terms applied to.

You can read more here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/#advanced-settings

Thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.