Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional fields in admin aren’t shown until I refresh the page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Conditional fields in admin aren't shown until I refresh the page

Solution:
The fix for this issue is shipped with Toolset types version 3.4.11

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

See this screen recording for clarification: hidden link.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just checked with the Radio custom field and added the conditional fields based on the radio button options but it just works as expected. I do not see any issues.

Can you please share problem URL where I can see the issue as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

On you test site I see you are using the outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

After you update the plugins, do you see it working?

Hi Minesh,

Sorry, I should have updated everything to the latest version before contacting you of course. However, that didn't solve the problem. I also installed the health check and troubleshooting plugin to disable all other plugins except Types with the default Twenty Twenty theme, but that didn't work either.

Minesh
Supporter

This is a strange issue. I checked by adding two radio fields and for both radio fields i've added the depended field but its working as expected at my end.

Please check the following video:
=> hidden link

As you can see it works at my end as expected.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue as well as to ensure there is no plugin/theme conflict:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

If you do not find make it working, I will require duplicator copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Minesh,

The host interrupts the duplicator build 🙁
I did edit the private message with FTP credentials though, can you work with that?

BTW I know how it's supposed to work, but it just doesn't work the way it should on this site.

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that I do not able to reproduce the said issue with my test site having only Toolset plugins active with default theme.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue as well as to ensure there is no plugin/theme conflict:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

We do not recommend to work on production site that is why we will require duplicator copy of your site. Should I try to make a duplicator package on my own but before I do that, can you please run a compatibility test as shared above?

Hi Minesh,

As I said on May 6, 2021 at 11:32 am, I already made sure it wasn't a theme or plugin conflict. But just for you, I deactivated all plugins and switched to the twenty twenty one theme, and made a screen recording of that: hidden link.

You can do whatever you need on this site, it's a staging site, not a production site.

Hi Minesh,

I didn't hear anything anymore?

Minesh
Supporter

After too much debugging, field by field, and custom field group by group, I found a strange issue.

With the following custom field group "Details schip":
=> hidden link

You have a field that "Wat is de naam van de verzekeraar?", which is set to display conditionally:
Ik verklaar dat mijn schip afdoende verzekerd is = verzekerd

If you remove the above condition and then try to test your conditional display on "ligplaats" post type:
=> hidden link

I can see it works as expected. Can you please confirm it works.

However, I'm not sure why the conditional conflicts when you are on post type "ligplaats" as the custom field group "Details schip" is set to display with the post type "Schepen". Have you created the custom field with another custom field and later on moved the custom field to another custom field group or anything?

Hi Minesh,

That's strange indeed... no idea why that problem occurs either. But it seems to be solved by removing that one condition indeed 🙂

Thanks for your effort!

Best regards,

Marcel

Minesh
Supporter

I just would like to inform you that I found the reason why its happening.

You have post relationship "Ligplaatsen" between post type Schepen and Ligplaatsen.

Both post that have been assigned custom field groups and both custom field groups having the fields where you set that field should be displayed conditionally. If one of type post type do not have conditional display of field, it will work as expected.
[ That is what you have done, you have removed the condition from custom field from the custom field group "Details schip" that is assigned to post type Schepen and you see it working now]

Minesh
Supporter

The fix for this issue is shipped with Toolset types version 3.4.11

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.