Skip Navigation

[Closed] Conditional display of button based on empty Post Content (Body) not working

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot.png

I am trying to set up a button in an archive to be visible only if the Post Content (Body) has content (i.e. is not empty).

However, the button is not visible on any of the archive entries, although most do have content (body).

I have experimented with the condition settings and can get the button to show for different conditions, but never where the condition relates to the Post Content (Body)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roderick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you switch on the debug mode for the conditional and check the frontend to see what appears in the debug output ?

Also please send me what appears as well so that I can have a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Here is the debug output:

#################### wpv-conditional attributes #################### Array ( [if] => NOT ( empty( '') ) [debug] => true ) #################### Debug information #################### -------------------- Original expression: NOT ( empty( '') ) --------------------

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roderick,

I'm not seeing the full debug information.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site as well as a link to the page so that I can have a look in further details for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Conditional display of button based on empty Post Content (Body) not working’ is closed to new replies.