Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional block not showing custom field in live view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer faced an issue where a conditional block in Toolset was not displaying the expected information on the live site, even though it appeared to work correctly in the admin view. The block was designed to show information from a custom field if the field was populated and to hide it if the field was empty. This issue occurred specifically on the "profile pages" of therapists under the "Where I offer therapy" section.

Solution:

We suggested enabling debugging on the conditional block to gather more information. The debug data revealed that the condition was incorrectly testing if the custom field's value equaled a specific string, rather than checking if the field had any value. We recommended configuring the condition to test for an empty field instead. After applying this adjustment, the customer confirmed that the issue was resolved.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author
Conditional issue with custom field view live mode.png
Conditional issue with custom field view in edit mode .png

I have a number of conditional blocks that only show information if the condition is true. Most work fine however one I set up seems to work in the admin view but does not work on the live site.

This conditional block should display information from a custom field if the field is populated and doesn't show anything if the field has nothing in it.

The conditional block is on the 'profile pages' of the therapists and is 3/4 of the way down the page under the section 'Where I offer therapy'

You will see that every therapist has an entry for their 'main' clinic but under that same heading there is a grid which has 3 columns and the 2nd and 3rd column allows alternative 'other' clinic locations to show if there is something entered into the 'other clinic custom fields'

I watched the 'How to use conditional block' but can't seem to make it work for this section

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Brian,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you enable the debugging on the conditional block that you're checking for the empty field on and let me know what the debug data you're getting from this is.

From there we will know how best to proceed.

Thanks,
Mateus

Thanks Mateus

Here is the debug data as seen on the front end

####################
wpv-conditional attributes
####################
Array
(
[if] => ( ( $(wpcf-other-location-1) = 'other-location-1' ) )
[debug] => true
)

####################
Debug information
####################
--------------------
Original expression: ( ( $(wpcf-other-location-1) = 'other-location-1' ) )
--------------------
--------------------
Converted expression: ( ( 'Barnsbury Therapy Rooms
144 Liverpool Road
Islington
London
N1 1LA' = 'other-location-1' ) )
--------------------

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

conditional.png

Hello Brian,

It looks like the conditional is testing if the value of the field equals 'other-location-1'.

If you were to test if the field has some value, the debug would show something like this:

Array
(
    [if] =>  NOT ( empty( $(wpcf-other-location-1)) ) 
    [debug] => true
)

Can you please try to configure the conditional to look like the screenshot bellow to see if you get different results?

Thank you,
Mateus

Amazing, as always you guys just solve stuff, Thanks so much.

brianC-15 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-17 13:10:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.