Skip Navigation

[Closed] Conditional block based on taxonomy does not work on translated sites

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Hi,

I created some block conditionals in a template and they don't show in the translated pages.

You can see the conditions here:
( CONTAINS( #(product_cat), 'nivell-intermig' ) )

In the translations I have put the translated slug:
( CONTAINS( #(product_cat), 'intermediate' ) )

But It doesn't work.

How should i do it? Let me know. Thanks!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

I would like to know if you translated the template manually or using the Advanced Translation Editor.

If you do it manually I wonder what happens if you use the non-trasnlated slug.

And what if you use some sort of language related conditional instead.

For example:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-bloginfo show="language"]' eq 'en-US' )"]
Language is english
[/wpv-conditional]

Thanks.

Hi Christopher,
I translated the template using the Advanced Translation Editor. Isn't that right?
I don't understand the conditional example you sent me...
Let me know.
Thanks!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Ok if you added the conditional in one language and you translated using Advanced Translation Editor there is no need to add an additional conditional for the other language as you will not have access to the template in the secondary language in the first place.

Here is how to do the translation for the content template:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/

If you still have issues with the conditional in the second language please give us the content template name and the logi information for further investigation after creating a backup of your website.
Also make sure you set the next reply as private.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Conditional block based on taxonomy does not work on translated sites’ is closed to new replies.