Skip Navigation

[Assigned] compatibility bug with Yoast and WP Bakery

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Thanks, I appreciate your update and support.

Hi, when are you expecting a release that will fix this? We still can't update the types plugin because of this.
Thanks.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I am really sorry to tell, that we did not fix this issue yet. And that we can't really offer an estimated time where it would be fixed. It is up to the developers to prioritize bugs depending on their severity and on how many people reported it.

Hi,

Is there an update on this issue? This bug prevents us from upgrading the Types plugin to anything newer than 3.4.7.

Thanks.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I am afraid, the issue was not resolved yet. I'll ping the developers about it. Hopefully, they can fix it in an upcoming release.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Hi,

Any updates?

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Unfortunately, I do not see any progress with our internal ticket, this seems that this could be added to our next development cycle but no promise yet.

I'll add your voice to our internal ticket again and hopefully it will get attention soon.

Hi,

The issue is still happening, and we can't update Toolset Types beyond 3.4.7 because of it - whic is a major compatibility and security issue. We demonstrated this issue in your demo environment, and it is not unique to our setup.

I reported it to you over a year ago and still no progress?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I'm sorry but we do not have any updates for you.

This is internally considered a low priority, and typically we have higher priority issues to attend to, and I can't say when this may rise to the top of the queue and get worked on.

The problem occurs because you are using the Enable jQuery Migrate Helper plugin to force the site to use a discontinued version of jQuery. Our plugins were updated to adapt to the WordPress updates—hence the low priority to add support for going backwards—and the ideal solution would be for the other plugins you use on your site to update to be compatible with the current version of WordPress. (As you point out these changes were introduced well over a year ago.)

If there is any progress we will let you know, but I wanted to set realistic expectations, and would encourage you to check what is preventing you from disabling the jQuery plugin, and requesting those plugin authors update their plugins.

In the meantime you can continue to use Types 3.4.7.