Skip Navigation

[Fixed in next Release] Closing shortcode [/wpml-string] exposed on website

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maximilianD 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

What about using the "unit" outside of the types' shortcodes:

{!{types field='a-kontakt-auflage' format='FIELD_VALUE'}!} -[wpml-string context='wpv-views']A[/wpml-string]

Instead of:

{!{types field='a-kontakt-auflage' format='FIELD_VALUE-[wpml-string context='wpv-views']A[/wpml-string] '}!}

This would work but would require that I put all of these fields in a conditional shortcode or else it would show just the unit if field is empty. Since I have 12 fields that either have a prefix or a suffix I would like to avoid having to wrap all of them in conditional shortcodes.

Jamal
Supporter

I see. Let me check this with our 2nd Tier and get back to you.

Jamal
Supporter

I created a new installation with the previous versions of the plugin and I was able to use the wpml-string shortcode inside of the format attribute. Once, I updated Toolset Views to the latest release, I got the same issue.

I am escalating this to our 2nd Tier and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you !

Any update?

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

This issue has been fixed by the developers and will be published in the next releases of the plugins(Toolset Blocks 1.3.3 / Views 3.3.3). Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a patch right now, and we do not have an ETA for the release.

I am changing the status of this ticket to let you know once the next version is released.

Hello Jamal,

I have updated toolset and wpml to the latest version.
Now after waiting six weeks for the update nothing has changed or been fixed.
Neither this problem nor the problem with the exposed Searchbox filter placeholder.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/searchbox-filter-placeholder-issue/

Please take another look and urge the developers to push a quick update.