Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Classes disappear in Layout cells, removing styling from my front-end

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MichaelR9215 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I saw that this was an issue back in early-mid 2016, but it is still an issue for me.

When I put a class, or multiple classes in Layouts cells, they immediately disappear. Technically they are still there, which back in 2016 you guys said that it "was a bug, but not an issue", but I have to disagree.

The reason I disagree is because if I have to go back into Layouts to edit any cell that previously had a class, since the class is now gone, when I save my edit it removes the class that is supposed to be there.

This has cause many style issues, because I start to forget which cells had classes and which cells did not. I also don't remember what the class names were to begin with. This is creating a lot of unnecessary work.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, and you are right, it is a bug, and here is the feedback from our developers:
We will have a beta release for Layouts today that comes with the fix. so, it's fixed in the next release.
You will be able to download the beta release for Layouts (1.9-b4), currently it is (1.9-b3)
https://toolset.com/download/layouts-beta/

But it is not recommend to use beta version plugins in a product website, and I am not sure when will the next release of Layouts plugin be released, you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

Thanks,

I'll keep looking for the new release.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.