Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Child Fields not being shown in Maps Popup

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
map display.PNG
maps issue code.PNG

I am trying to: Show a map, with popups populated from 2 post types. The parent post type has the address field. The child post has the additional info.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Private Page - I can provide a cpanel login if nessecary

I expected to see: fields from child post in view displaying multiple address fileds as marker pop ups on a map

Instead, I got: fields from parent post ok, but not from child post. The screenshots below show the code and the popups showing the post data ok but not the child posts data. (but does show it in the table view below the map)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This child field Is it on a separate CPT than the one being displayed by the map ?

If so then the information would show blank since the field does not exist in the actual post.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, how do I display the child custom field on the map?

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

You will need to use the second view in the first view to just list the child field only.
Take a look at our documentation below it should be able to guide you through a view in a view setup.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Also you will need to add the marker to the child view instead of the parent view and then using the id='$parent_slug' parameter to get the parent fields.

Please let me know if this is clear or if you need more assistance.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, sounds like fun! I'll get stuck in and let you know how i get on.

Thanks, D

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Great 🙂

I'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.