Skip Navigation

[Resolved] checkmarks disappear upon use of back button desp. filters saved in url (Safari)

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
I have made use of the feature that allows a set of applied filters to be stored in the url upon submitting said search filters. It works great, but there is an issue with the Safari browser, see expectation and reality details below.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:
When I click on the filtering options on the left, the archive is being filtered, live and as expected. When I click on one of the custom posts after the filtering process, I'm taken to that posts url – as expected. Now, when I now use the browser's "go back" function, I get back to the filtered archive page and this is where we seem to have a bug in Safari.

In Fireforx, everything is as expected, I see the filtered results and the checked checkboxes in the filtering area.

Instead, I got:
In Safari, however, the filtered results get displayed, but the filtering area is missing its inputs and the checkmarks in the checked checkboxes.

Our team reported this being the case across the following Safari versions:
• 11.1.2 (13605.3.8)
• 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)
• 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alexander,

I did a test of this on one of our Test sites and the issue doesn't occur there. You can check it out below
hidden link

Whenever I perform a search and click on a single product and then use the backspace button to go back to the search form and the items were still selected.

What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins as well as to remove any custom css from the search if there are any and then perform the replication steps that you listed above and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

thanks for your replication efforts and tips.
I did as you said, deactivated all non-Toolset Plugins and checked for any custom CSS in the search container (there is none), but the described Safari-issue still remains.

Your test site differs from ours a little, though, because it doesn't use the live Ajax filtering.
May that be something to look at next?

Kind regards,
Alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

I've changed it to AJAX
hidden link

What you can do is allow me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look for you ?

I've enabled the private fields to your next response so that I can see how the view is setup. Also do I have your permissions to take a copy of the site should that be needed?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alexander,

Given that I'm not able to replicate, is there no way for me to get a copy of the site so that I can test it on a different server environment?

Also in order for me to escalate some amount of debugging would need to be done and this requires that we have a copy of the site to provide to our 2nd tier team as well our development team.

If an issue can be identified then a fix would need to be made.

Please let me know and check again with your team if they can at least provide a site with the issue replicated.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

thank you for elaborating. I conveyed your remarks to the project leaders and they gave their okay for you to replicate the site in order to resolve the issue. Is there anything else you need from me in order to proceed?

Kind regards,
Alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

What will also work is if they are able to reproduce the issue on a fresh installation and provide a copy of that fresh installation.

This will work just as well if they aren't able to provide a copy of the actual site. Looking forward to their response so that we can dig deeper into this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

as I said: I was able to get the team leader's okay in regards to the copying of the actual site. With the permission given, I just wanted to know if there is anything else you need from me in addition to the admin account I made for you.

Kind regards,
Alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

I will need the duplicator plugin to be installed so that I can attempt to get a copy of the subsite. Can you install it and then activate it for this site so that I can grab the copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

the Duplicator plugin has been installed and activated.

Looking forward to your feedback and with kind regards,
Alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Ok I was able to create the copy and perform some testing on my end. I found that when I remade the archive search the issue doesn't occur.

So what you can do is to disable this current archive by changing its usage and unchecking the Post Type, then create a new archive that is identical and then re-add the filters .

This is what I did on my end and it works fine in Safari.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.